For Knightswood Community Centre the health and wellbeing of our visitors and staff remains a priority throughout the Covid-19 pandemic. We will carry on following the Scottish Government’s guidance to ensure that safety is our top priority in how we operate through this difficult time. The following procedures are in operation to ensure everyone welfare.
Visitor’s Health and Safety Information
- The main entrance will always be kept clear to allow safe access/egress of the Centre and visitors should use one-way system through the Centre to enable social distancing to be maintained.
- Visitors will wait at a designated location on the pathway outside the Centre until they are invited by a member of staff to enter the premises.
- Groups should not exceed recommended visitor numbers per room.
- Supporting the NHS and Scotland’s Test and Protect Scheme visitor’s data to be recorded by group leaders and given to Facilities staff: – your name and contact telephone number or a postal address or email.
- Physical distancing to ensure that a distance of at least 2 metres is maintained between any persons on the premises (except between two members of the same household, or a carer and the person assisted by the carer).
- Advise will be given by staff to which toilets are to be accessed (depending on the hall/ room the visitor is using).
- Groups should not pay in cash; payments should be by cheque or through electronic BACS.
- Staff will explain what action will be required to evacuate the Centre in the event of a fire alarm.
- All visitors to the Centre are required to wear face coverings, unless they have a legitimate reason not to do so.
- The Centre entry doors will be secured while groups leaders are setting up and during their sessions to prevent members of the public gaining entry to the building.
- Hand sanitiser is available in the foyer and every room is thoroughly cleaned after a group leaves the premises.
- Group leaders responsible for directing members from the foyer into their allocated rooms in an orderly manner maintaining social distancing.
- Toilets one person/children at a time. (unless child is 5 and under)