Knightswood Community Centre originally opened in 1950 when it operated from what is now the GHA offices on Dykebar Avenue. The present Community Centre building, built 1968-1969, covers an estimated 1,100sq m over two floors, with approximately 865sq m available for lease or hire.
The main accommodation and facilities include; a commercial kitchen and café area; a main hall with stage and dressing rooms; a lesser hall and other multi-purpose rooms for lease/ hire; several support rooms/offices and onsite parking.
The Centre was managed and operated by Glasgow Life until October 2015 when it was transferred to community management by Glasgow City Council. It is now operated by Knightswood Community SCIO (Charity Number SC044148).
The geographic area covered is mainly the G13, Knightswood, area of Glasgow but is not just limited to Knightswood.
All age groups are welcome, especially those of school age and the elderly, of which Knightswood has a high proportion.
Our goal is for Knightswood Community Centre to be clearly identified and truly recognised as the centre of the community in Knightswood.